Valtakunnallisen humanistisen verkko-opetuksen tarjoamat verkkokurssit
Identities in European History 5 op
The aim of the course is to examine, how ideas of identity are created, reinforced and modified in European history. This question will be studied from different viewpoints and time periods. The focus will be on the questions of language, politics and religion. These questions will be examined in different time periods and topics. Students will learn to use key concepts concerning European identity in history. Course takes place in web-based international and local study groups.
Students are required to have access to the Internet and possess elementary computer skills. They must be able to communicate in English, in writing.
* acquire an understanding of different definitions of the concept of identity in history
* acquire an in-depth knowledge of a specific topic concerned with identity in history
* obtain insights into additional topics concerned with identity in history
* acquire an in-depth knowledge of a specific theme related to identity in history
* obtain insights into additional themes related to identity in history
* obtain the capability to comprehend and share specific points of view regarding identity in history and to use the communication and knowledge sharing skills that support it.
* acquire awareness of and respect for points of view deriving from other national or cultural backgrounds
* obtain skills in problem identification and solving
* obtain skills in communication and knowledge sharing
* obtain skills in communicating in a foreign language
* acquire a concern for quality
* become acquainted with the pedagogical tools of e-Learning
acquire an ability to use computer and internet resources and techniques
Mode of teaching
The course will be conducted in the Internet-based learning platform Moodle (Uni. of Turku) and in local study groups. The course will be organised at both local and international levels so that there will be mixed groups.
Assignments and presentations: Workshops, on-line forum discussions, analyses of primary-source material and course readings.
The course has originally been created by academics from EU funded EHLEE project from following universities: University of Turku – University of Alcalá – University of Bologna – University of Hannover (and Siegen) – University of Pisa – University of Uppsala – Primrose Publishing – Virtual University of Finland
Finnish Virtual University of History, eHLEE-project
Kurssi alkaa 17.10. klo 12.00 ja päättyy helmikuun alussa 2023
2022-08-15 12:00:00 - 2022-09-12 23:59:00
Right to study:
Opiskeluoikeus kurssille seuraavien laitosten opiskelijoilla:
- Turun yliopisto, museologia
- Turun yliopisto, etnologia
- Turun yliopisto, kulttuurituotannon ja maisemantutkimuksen koulutusohjelma (Vain pääaineopiskelijoille)
- Turun yliopisto, poliittinen historia (Vain pääaineopiskelijoille)
- Turun yliopisto: Historian ja arkeologian tutkinto-ohjelma ,
- Turun yliopisto, taidehistoria (Ensisijaisesti pääaineopiskelijoille)
- Jyväskylän yliopisto, historian ja etnologian laitos
- Åbo Akademi, historiska institutionen