Valtakunnallisen humanistisen verkko-opetuksen tarjoamat verkkokurssit
Transnational Audiovisual Media History 5 op
The aim of this course is to study the history of the audiovisual media from the 19th century until the beginning of the 21st century in Europe, the United States and Latin America. By drawing on a media archaeological approach we will examine the materiality of the audiovisual media: the apparatuses, moving images, press material where they were discussed and also the cultural practices displayed by the users in different cultures.
Students must have a basic understanding of computer skills. English language is required. It is not required that students have an advanced understanding of media studies as the course is suitable for beginners.
• Understanding the process of emergence of the audiovisual media
• Studying the process of continuation and discontinuation of the audiovisual media
• Understanding the transfer of these media to other parts of the world such as Latin America
• Examining the uses given to the audiovisual media in different parts of the world
• Analyzing the impact of the different audiovisual media in different contexts
Mode of teaching
The course is online course. It will be conducted in Moodle (University of Turku). There will be video recordings, workshops, assignments, presentations, online forum discussions and course readings.
Bolivia Erazo Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Cultural History